This is the one thing that a parent of a newborn waits for impatiently. It is the one thing that ideally would happen as soon as you and your little one arrive at home. However, as most of you know, that does not happen.
I cannot complain because the boys individually have done relatively well in the sleeping department. Their nights have gradually been getting longer. They are not on the same schedule so that reduces the amount of time that I get to sleep but at least I can handle the middle-of-the-night feedings alone. Steve takes care of the last feed before he goes to bed (anywhere between 10:00pm and 12:00am). This consists of a bottle with half breast milk and half formula. I haven't found that the formula has made a difference in how long they sleep.
But as they are getting older, the length of time they go down for at night is increasing. Zach is doing very well and had his second (not in a row mind you) 7 hour sleep last night. Nic is slowing increasing his sleep time and was down for 5 hours last night. I think Nic is going through a bit of a growth spurt (trying to catch up to his brother) and has been eating a little more often and in larger quantities.
The best thing about their feedings now is that they are much faster, especially during the night. I am no longer stuck for an hour trying to feed them and get them back to sleep. It is now taking only about a half an hour before I am crawling back into bed.
Let's hope that the trend continues and Zachary becomes a permanent all night sleeper and that Nicolas is following closely behind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment