Saturday, August 30, 2008

Food...

Well, the boys are a few days shy of being 4 months old, which was when we decided to start trying solid food. So, since today is Saturday and Daddy is home, I decided that this morning was going to be our first attempt. So, about an hour after they were nursed, I made up some rice cereal for them.

It was interesting to watch. I don't think either of them knew what to make of this new experience and what to do with the cereal. But, with a little persistence, Zachary took to the cereal very well. He was sucking on his fingers in between spoonfuls but removed them from his mouth immediately when he saw the spoon coming. Towards the end of the meal, he was actually turning his head towards the spoon and kind of opening his mouth. It was adorable!


Nicolas on the other hand did not seem so sure that he liked this whole solid food business. I think he ended up wearing more of it than he actually ate. We will keep trying every morning until he gets the hang of it. I think he just might not be quite as ready as his brother was. But is definitely worth trying again. It was still pretty hilarious to watch Steve feeding him and seeing the look on Nic's face.

1 comment:

seussgirl said...

That's ironic; we also tried cereal for the first time this morning since Daddy was home! It went pretty well for us, but they're closer to 6 months (3.5 months adjusted). It is an interesting step, isn't it?