Last night the boys were fed their bottle between 10:00 (Zachary) and 10:30 (Nicolas). Usually this would allow them to sleep until 4:00 or 5:00am. That was the case for Zachary. He woke up at 4:00 and would not go back to sleep until he had been fed. So, I fed him and tried to put him back to sleep. Almost as soon as I put him in his crib, he spit up. So, I cleaned up the little mess in his crib and got him back to sleep. Again, as soon as I put him down, he spit up but this time it was a large amount. Reluctantly, I woke Steve up to have him change the sheet in the crib. Since Zachary spit up so much he was still hungry so I basically had to start the feed over again (well only half of it).
At the time Nicolas started to stir in his crib. I was just praying that he waited until I got his brother back to sleep before starting to wail. Well, when I put Zachary in his crib, Nicolas was sound asleep. So, I went to bed. At 7:30 when Steve was leaving for work he asked what time Nicolas got up. That's when I realized that he hadn't. It was 7:30 in the morning and Nicolas has not woken up once! It had been 8 hours since he last fed!! Needless to say that when he finally did wake up (about 15 minutes later) he was famished. But who cares! He slept through the night!!
I think this is the advantage of having them sleeping in a separate room and in their own beds. They get to sleep a lot longer than they would if they were with me. Sometimes they stir and cry in their sleep. It is completely normal for a baby to do so. If they were easily accessible to me from my bed, I would probably be more likely to disturb them and feed them unnecessarily. But since I actually have to get out of bed, they are back to sleep by the time I make it to their room. I think this will help them to successfully sleep through the night sooner. That's just my opinion though....
Now, all I have to do is get them both sleeping through the night on the same night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yey for sleeping through the night! I definitely think that having my boys in separate cribs and allowing them to wake up individually overnight got them sleeping longer sooner.
I am also not looking forward to 2 babies teething at the same time! Mine are also drooling and chewing on things; I've heard that can last a month or two before teeth come through, so we'll see.
Here's to more long nights!
Post a Comment