Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update...

All is well here.  Not much to report.  Nicolas is stil obsessed with all letters and is now starting to show some interest in numbers.  Zachary has also found a new fascination with letters.  It is so cute to watch them since they can obviously find letters everywhere we go.

They are talking more and more.  Zachary's vocabulary is becoming better by the day.  Nicolas is a little slower at using all the words that they know, but he can still manage to get his message across regardless.  He is now calling Zachary "Za-Za" which is adorable!

We are definitely approaching the terrible twos.  Tantrums are more frequent and are getting harder and harder to ignore.  But, ignoring them has been a successful tool so far.  The other thing that has worked well is taking away something of great value to them and putting it in "time-out".  This has been helpful in getting the message across that I am not messing around.

The biggest issue so far has been lunch time.  They are deciding that they do not want to eat what I made for them.  But, meal times will not be a negotiation around here and I am not a restaurant!  I will not be making more than one meal.  Since I am well aware that they will not starve, both of them at some point have gone down for their nap with very little lunch.  They have also woken up to find that part of their snack was the leftover lunch they didn't eat.  This tactic seems to be working and hopefully they will realize that Mommy means business... so far so good.

I leave you with a few cute pictures...

Zachary and Nicolas sitting on Clifford:

Zachary:

Nicolas:

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I totally agree with you about mealtime. That is what we do with the girls as well. Now if its something new for them and they don't like it, I will have a back up, but if I know they like it and are just refusing to eat it, I do not offer anything else. I figure if they are hungry, they will eat.

We haven't really had too many tantrums yet, but the girls are still young. Let me know how you did it if you make it out with your sanity! LOL