We went to WalMart today to get passport photos done for the boys. We figured that at some point this summer we may like to take a road trip (possibly to the US) and if we were to do so, then we would need passports for the boys. What a disaster! The boys were not really wanting to sit on the chair to have their pictures taken. We finally got Nicolas to sit and the photographer snapped a few pictures. The big problem with all of them was that his mouth was open! How exactly do you get a 2 year old to sit for a picture and not have his mouth open at all?
It seems ridiculous to me that the strict rules and guidelines for passport pictures apply to young children. The photographer even mentioned that due to the flash and the "thinness" for the boys' ears, we would need to put electrical tape behind their ears to avoid the weird shadowing.... ??? I think we will try to go to another place to get them taken since Steve is pretty sure the photographer was probably following the rules a little too closely for a 2 year old.
On a side note, Steve and I have been together officially for 14 years! It almost seems impossible but there it is... 14 years together and almost 7 years married!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Post the reject photos! I'll bet they are funny! I need to investigate expiry dates for 4 uear old's passport as they are for only 3 years... it must be up soon!
SIL Alison
When I took Colton to have his passport done, we went to Walgreens. Not sure if you have Walgreens up there though. He was a year old and I had to hold him up so they could get the photo with the white background since I knew he wouldn't be still if I set him down. Even at his young age, it looks like a mug shot!! The guy who took it said "I think this will work even though you can't really see both ears." It lasts for 10 years here so I am sure he will not even look anything like that picture in 10 years!!
they really are strict though at passport canada. they will totally reject you for a passport if there are any shadows or ANYTHING. I sat with Phil on my lap last year though and it was fine. I say go somewhere else, like Black's or Japan camera or something. they'll have you sit with them and then it should be alright. :)
Post a Comment