Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sickness...

I know I have not updated very much lately but things have been quite crazy around here.  Steve came back a week ago from another business trip to China and has been quite ill.  He went to the doctor on Monday and is on antibiotics that are not working.  He will be returning to the doctor today or tomorrow for further testing.  One of the things the doc diagnosed him with was strep throat... which he happened to pass along to me.  I was at the doctor yesterday to find out that the strep was just starting.  So now I am on antibiotics as well.  Luckily I caught my infection early and the meds seem to be working.  Other than the annoying sensation in my throat, I am feeling ok.  I am just busy watching the boys (all three of them) and trying to keep my eyes open for any signs of the boys catching it.  So far (knock on wood)... so good.

We have also been busy trying to get things done at the new house.  For those of you who are unaware of this situation, Steve and I just bought a second house near our place.  It is an investment property that we will be renting out to Steve's parents.  They wanted to move closer to all of their grandkids and we were happy to help.  Of course there is a lot for us to gain in the situation as well... the boys will be able to see their Mom-I and Pop-I whenever they want and whenever I need an extra hand, they will be there.  Now, if only we could find a way to get Nana and Papa up here too!  Maybe when we are ready to invest in another property we can work on them...

Anyhow, we have a lot of work to do to get the house ready for Mom-I and Pop-I.  But with all of these hurdles popping up, it hasn't been easy.  Thankfully Steve's brother Dan has been available to come and help.  He is really good at this type of work and is very reliable.  Without his help this week, I don't think we would have been able to get very much done.  Hopefully Steve will be on the mend soon and he can get to working on the house.  I know he is dying to start working over there and being stuck in bed is killing him... great way to spend a week's vacation!

The boys are doing great.  They are learning new words and sentences by the second.  We have also entered the stage of "Cars" mania in our house.  They are obsessed with the movie and anything related to it.  It is driving me a little insane actually.  But, they are cute so I put up with it.  I will post again soon with some pictures...

No comments: