Saturday, October 9, 2010

Potty training...

We have started the potty training conversation with the boys.  They have a potty seat for the toilet and we bought them some books for them to read while sitting on the potty.  Yes, I am completely aware that I am training the type of men that need something to read while in the bathroom.  But for right now it's getting them to sit so I'm ok with it.  Since they are so obsessed with the Cars movie, I bought them each a Cars book to serve this purpose.  They are only allowed to read it on the potty.  So, far it's worked.

We have started by sitting them on right before their bath.  Neither has peed in the potty yet, but I am hoping that's going to come soon.

2 comments:

Colton's Mommy said...

I started "lighly" potty training Colton at about 13 months. Mainly just getting himused to sitting the potty. He goes on the potty about 5 times a day, but only if you ask him--he will not tell you he has to go. He always goes after his bath and first thing in the morning and then randomly throughout the day. Good luck. I know it will be a LONG process for all of us trying to jump on the "potty train". LOL

nancy said...

How old are the boys now?

It sounds like you have a good plan to start potty training. Just getting them to sit on the potty is a great start! And it's awesome you have a special book they can only look at while on the potty. What a great idea!