Friday, March 18, 2011

Gestational Diabetes

I just received a call from my OB's nurse stating that I failed the 1 hour glucose test.  I had a reading of 10.1 when they are looking for a maximum of 7.9.  I now need to go back and do the 2 hour test.  I was in a similar situation with the boys except my failing of the 1 hour test was less drastic.

The nurse told me that most women pass the 2 hour after failing the 1 hour.  But it didn't sound optimistic when I informed her that I fasted for the last test.  She said to remain optimistic and we'll see what happens after the 2 hour test.  I have another 2 weeks or so before my next appointment and hopefully the news from the next test will be good.  I plan to go in on Monday morning to have the test done so I should have results by the end of the day on Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: