I went in this morning for blueberry's 30 week check-up. Everything is great. My blood pressure, weight gain and his heartbeat are all within the expected range. He was moving around so much that Dr. Vasilie had a hard time picking up his heartbeat. She said she was pleased with everything she saw and figured that I was probably feeling lighter in this pregnancy than I did with the twin pregnancy. I explained that since I have two 30 pound bodies on me a lot, I feel much heavier!
My gestational diabetes test came back almost completely normal. She said that my fasting blood sugar was a little higher than she would like. The other two numbers were great. So, she is considering me to be slightly glucose intolerant. She wants me to modify my diet to reduce the amount of carbs and increase my protein intake. In two weeks I have to go back for another blood test to see if that helps. I don't really think this is a bad thing since I am a carb addict and should probably reduce my carb intake for my overall health. It should help me get most of my bad habits (i.e my chip eating!) out of my system before blueberry is born. That way, it will hopefully help me lose the baby weight as well as the other extra weight I have hanging around...
I cannot believe that I am now at the point in my pregnancy when I am going for visits every two weeks! The end is coming very quickly and honestly I am starting to get excited! I can't wait to meet this little man and introduce him to the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to see little man either! Very excited for you guys! :)
Post a Comment