We decided that this year was a good year to start a new tradition for Christmas in our house. The boys are so lucky and blessed that we figured it would be a good idea to teach them about giving to others. So, we got them to pick out some gifts that they thought other little boys (who don't have any toys) would like. So, they each picked out a Lightning McQueen and a Mater die cast car.
Mom-I and Pop-I are having their basement finished by some contractors. These contractors happen to also be firemen at a local fire station. I talked to them to see if their fire house would be accepting donations for under privileged children. They are going to be doing so over the next weeks and I thought it would be a great place for the boys to go to donate their gifts. I wanted them to give them to someone and not just drop it into a box at the mall.
While we were there, Gilles was kind enough to show us around the fire house. He let the boys get into the truck and even turned on the lights for them. Here are a few picture of the fun afternoon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cool, great lesson for the boys!
Post a Comment