Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy end of 2011 to us!

Well, we were given the not so great gift of the flu this Christmas.  Steve got it on Monday night, Zachary got it on Wednesday night and Nicolas came down with it on Friday night.  And now I wait to see if I am the next victim to fall prey to it...  Our house has been germ fulled and lifeless for almost a week now and I am ready for a change.  Hopefully now that the new year has started, it will bring with it health... so that Charlie and I can be spared of this flu.

Needless to say, all our plans for the last week had been cancelled.  We were not willing to risk infecting anyone else since we knew that we were carrying the virus.  I really don't understand why people feel the need to go out even when they know that they are carrying around such an awful virus.  Especially subjecting other families with young children to vomiting and diarrhea.  I know it's the holidays and no one wants to stay home, but sometimes putting others first is just the right thing to do.

Hopefully all of our friends (some of which we only get to see this time of year) that we cancelled plans with appreciate the fact that despite us wanting to see them, we put their health first.  We hope that we can see you all soon and that you were able to stay healthy and happy this holiday season!

No comments: