Friday, March 30, 2012

Loving our bedtime routine

We are in such a great groove at the moment.  All three boys are going to bed with such ease it is simply wonderful.  I am so happy that we put the work in early on to make this process as easy as possible.  I can even handle, quite easily, getting the three boys to bed on my own.

At around 7:15 the big boys have a bedtime snack while we watch a little tv.  After that they get in their jammies, brush their teeth and hop into bed.  Steve and I tuck them in and they get their hugs and kisses.  Charlie always joins in since Zachary and Nicolas need to give him a hug and kiss before they go to sleep.  We tell Charlie to say "night, night" and he waves to both of them.  We remind them how much we love them and close the door.  Generally that's it for the big boys until 8:00 or so the next morning.

We then hang out with Charlie for 15 minutes or so before starting his bedtime routine.  Then we get his bottle ready.  While waiting for it to heat up, we get him into his jammies.  Soon I will be adding some teeth brushing to his routine as well... probably next week.  After he has his bottle he sometimes plays with Steve (since he's normally the one that feeds him the bottle) for a bit before being put in his bed.  Once we lay him down and put on his blanket, he snuggles in and usually falls asleep within minutes.  Sometimes he plays quietly but we rarely need to go back into his room.  Some nights he is just so tired he passes out after his bottle.  This is what he looked like two nights ago...


By 8:30-8:45 at night, Steve and I are able to enjoy some time together.  It is great because it allows us to really have some couple or individual time almost every day (that is unless we have other plans).  I think it's really helped our relationship to have this time just for us.

1 comment:

Sarann said...

That sounds like a fabulous routine! Our problem is I am a night person, but my husband is a morning person. When I get Austin in bed my husband is falling asleep watching TV. I on the otherhand can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning and love to sleep in.