Thursday, July 12, 2012

Swimming lessons for Zachary and Nicolas

The boys have been enrolled in swimming lessons since the pool at the end of the street was opened.  At first they had the same instructor, Alec, as they did 2 years ago.  This was a good thing since they remembered him. After being thrown into the pool for the first swim, they did really well.  Last Thursday was their first lesson with a new instructor.  They had to change the schedule and therefore the instructor had to change.  They did not react at all well to this change.  They both threw fits and tantrums at the pool.  I had to drag them home kicking and screaming.

I decided it was not a good idea to wait too long before getting them back in for another lesson.  So, I got them a lesson with Alec the following day.  It went amazingly well.  So, we chatted about how I wanted them to act similarly with their new instructor, Patrick.  On Monday, they had their second lesson with Patrick and they jumped right in.  They had a blast with him and did so well.  They are now unbelievably comfortable with him and are learning so much.  Their confidence in the water has improved so much.  Zachary is even confident enough to jump in from the side (with his bubble on).  Nicolas is still nervous about going under the water but is getting better with every day.

Here are some videos I took of them swimming this morning...

Nicolas:

Zachary:

No comments: