Monday, September 24, 2012

New session of swimming lessons...

Zachary and Nicolas started their new session of swimming lessons this morning.  They are now going twice a week at a local indoor facility.  It is a gorgeous place that has an Olympic sized swimming pool.  It also has the most ideal section for swimming lessons.  I left Charlie at Mom-I's so that I could focus on the big boys.  I was a bit afraid that I would have trouble getting them into the water given that it would be at a new pool and with a new teacher.  However, they surprised me.

Zachary was very excited when he woke up this morning.  He was anxious to get to the lessons and start swimming again.  Nicolas was less pleased and I finally got out of him why.  He does not like going under the water and he was worried he would have to put his head under.  I told him we`d talk to his new teacher and let him know.  This seemed to make him much happier.

When we got to the pool, we found out that they were in the same group as their cousin Alexandra.  There are 6 kids in the class and all of them have obviously been in this level for a few session.  I am happy about this since I know the boys will advance more quickly being surrounded by others that are better than them.  We also lucked out and got Dan (Alexandra`s favorite instructor).  He is wonderful with children and is so good at making them comfortable.  Here are a few pictures from our fun first lesson!

Nicolas splashing his instructor Dan (I love the look on Zachary`s face):

Nicolas enjoying himself:

All of the kids practicing their kicking:

Nicolas, Zachary and Alexandra on the side of the pool:

Zachary out for a swim:


He even managed to get Nicolas to go under the water with him.  I was shocked and very impressed!

Zachary practicing his swimming without a bubble.  He did better with Patrick this summer....

1 comment:

Sarann said...

How fun! We don't have an indoor pool around here, so we can't swim locally. We are going on a mini vacation this weekend and we are definitely planning on hitting up the pool at the hotel, and maybe try to find a public pool.