Sunday, October 27, 2013

Catching up...

It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  Things have been busy but very good.  Zachary and Nicolas are adjusting well to school and are actually enjoying it.  They've made lots of new friends and are learning lots of French.  They are starting to speak it at home and are even teaching it to Charlie.  I have been able to volunteer at the school a few times and love that I have the flexibility and freedom to do so.  It has been so much fun to watch the kids in action at school.  It has also given me to the opportunity to talk to their teachers and get to know them.

Zachary is in the same class as his buddy Thomas down the street.  This was great for him since not only did he have a friend from the get-go, his friend is perfectly bilingual and can help him out in classs.  He is, however, having a bit of a harder time adjusting to this new normal.  He is easily frustrated these days and has a hard time accepting things when he doesn't get what he wants.  I think this is largely due to the fact that Nicolas is no longer as accommodating as he once was.  But he is slowly getting used to it.  His favorite days seem to be Fridays.  On that day, he has a gym teacher instead of his usual teacher and they do a lot more physical learning.  This is right up his alley.  His French comprehension is unbelievable but he is still pretty shy to speak it unless he is singing a song.

Nicolas, not knowing anyone in his class, spent the first week or so being very quiet.  He really had no one to talk to and spent a lot of time just listening.  This has helped tremendously with his French comprehension and he is speaking a decent amount at home.  He came home during the second week of school having made a new friend.  His name is Coby and he informed Coby of our address and told him he could visit any time.  From the moment he made this friend, Nicolas became a different person.  He is less shy and a lot more outgoing especially towards other children.  He is making so many friends and having a blast at school.

It is amazing how far they have both come.  They were terrified of school and they are now thriving!  We got back their first mini report card and the only sort of "negative" aspect was that they are so shy they are not really speaking in class.  I know this will come with time and for Nicolas it has already started somewhat.  They have also learned to ride two wheel bicycles without training wheels.  They are growing up so fast!


Zachary, Nicolas, Thomas and Coby at the Aquadome (a school activity):


Charlie is growing like a weed and almost no one believes me when I tell them he is not 2 1/2 yet.  He is so tall and speaking so well.  He repeats just about everything and is learning something new each day.  He is such a joy to be around.  I am really enjoying being alone with him for the first time in his life.  I get the feeling he is enjoying it as well.  The days go by quickly though.

He loves having the run of the roost (and the toys!) while the boys are at school.  But is quite happy to see them get off the bus at the end of the day.  He is no longer sitting in a high chair and no longer sleeps with a pacifier.  I am debating on putting him in a big boys bed soon but have not decided when.  He is more than able to handle it, I am just fearful that if he can get out, he will try to avoid nap time.  Even though he still needs his naps.  I am trying to take it all in since he is not going to be little for much longer.  The road to potty training will commence soon and then I will officially no longer have little boys.  I am happy for the new chapter but cannot believe how quickly it has gone by...


 

And finally my fantastic three little men...


No comments: