Wednesday, November 5, 2008

811

I must honestly say that the CLSC 811 service is wonderful. The fact that you can dial 811 and talk directly to a nurse about any issue for free is amazing. The only down side to it is that generally when you need to do so, there is something wrong...

Nicolas has decided that he is projectile vomiting. This all started this afternoon. The boys woke up from their morning naps and were nursed (at around noon). Since it was such a beautiful day out, I packed them up and took them for a long walk. At around 2:00, in our neighbour Stacey's driveway, Nicolas had his first bout of projectile vomit. Once it was all out, he seemed fine and then immediately went down for a 3 hour nap (which was cut short by my waking him). At 6:00 he was nursed again and everything seemed fine. He was fed his cereal with his brother at 7:00 and at 8:00 he decided it was all coming up again!

So, that is when I decided to call Info-Santé (811). I spoke with the nurse and she determined that it wasn't all that serious since he does not have a fever. All we need to do is make sure that he does not get dehydrated. So, we went out and got some Pedialite to give to him if the vomiting does not stop.

Well, he has been fed his bottle and is now asleep. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this feed stays down. I guess we will know in a few hours if the trend continues...

No comments: