Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's basically official...

I am now a stay-at-home Mom!

The boys and I had a very busy morning. We took a drive to the East end and went to my old office to say goodbye to everyone (and to show off the boys as well). They were having a farewell lunch for another one of my colleagues who is leaving for another job. So, my secretary figured it would be a good time for us to stop by. Everyone would be there including my boss.

And I must say, he is a class act. He took the time to chat with me (even though he was very busy) and to "admire" the boys. He mentioned yet again what a great decision he thought that I was making for my family. Not that I needed his approval to make the decision I made, but it just means that this is not a burnt bridge and that maybe someday I will be able to work for him again. And since this is the last impression he is leaving me with, I would be more than happy to do so in the future.

My official last day on maternity leave is the 4th of September, so I still have another two weeks of not technically being unemployed. But my letter of resignation has been sent off, so there is no turning back now. Not that I would even consider it. Being a stay-at-home Mom is the best job I have ever had! I am thankful each day that I am able to watch my boys grow up and not miss out on anything... and the majority of this thanks goes out to Steve who works way too hard to make it all possible.

No comments: