Thursday, August 13, 2009

Silliness and cuteness...

The boys have been very affectionate towards one another lately. Maybe it's because Steve and I are very affectionate towards them. But it is just so cute! I snapped a picture just as Zachary was leaning in to give Nicolas an unprompted kiss... It just melts my heart...



The boys love to play on the couch. Thankfully can climb off and on our couch upstairs so I don't really worry too much when they are up there. Here they are just hanging out and playing with one of their musical french books. They love it because it plays music and there is something to move on every page. Usually this book causes arguments but this morning they were quite happy to share...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

they are so adorable!!!

Lauren said...

That is so sweet! The girls are just starting to kiss each other and I love it! It's the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

nancy said...

Totally melted my heart too. SO sweet. :)

nancy said...

hit publish before I was done ...

Ella wants to smother karl in kisses and hugs and it drives me up the wall. I wonder if I'm teaching her to not be affectionate?

Lisa said...

Nancy, I don't know if that's the case. I think they learn by what they know and see. If they see you outwardly being affectionate towards them, they will try to express their love and feelings in that manner. If you are not outwardly affectionate, they will find another way to express that love.

Neither way is right or wrong. It is just a matter of what you are used to. My parents were always hugging and kissing us, so that's normal to me and I am passing it on to the boys. But if my parents had not raised me that way, maybe I would be less inclined to kiss and hug them a lot.

It can be a problem sometimes since Zachary tends to tackle Nicolas to the ground to give him a hug and kiss. But, as long as they aren't hurting one another, I figure what is the harm?