Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Snow Storm...

We are officially having our very first snow storm of the year.  It has been snowing since early this morning and has not let up.  We are expected to get around 25 centimeters (about 10 inches) today.  It's not very cold out but the wind is quite strong.  Thankfull, I knew the storm was coming and I ran all my errands earlier this week to make sure I didn't have to leave the house today.

By 10:15 this morning the boys were getting restless so I decided to venture outside with them.  It was quite daunting to get both of them in the whole winter gear but we managed.  They are never very happy with putting on new things (like wonter boots, jackets, and now snow pants) but the good thing is that it's been progressive.  We have been wearing the jacket, hats, mitts and boots a few times now and only the snow pants were new.  The next time, there should be no problems...

I snapped a few pictures of them "playing" outside this morning.  We took a run down the street in the sleds (with me pulling them) and they loved it!  Coming back wasn't as good since they had the wind and snow in their faces.  Hopefully the next time we play outside it won't be so windy.  They took a few spills trying to walk around in the heavy snow but all in all, they did great!

Walking in the snow:


Taking a ride in the sleds:


Zachary all suited up:


Nicolas all suited up:


No comments: