Thursday, February 25, 2010

Perspective...

I try not to complain too much about what's going on around here. I know that the issues we have are extremely minor in the grand scheme of things. And yesterday I was given a little more perspective (not that I really needed it, mind you).

I will not go into a lot of details but my cousin (who is also a great friend of mine) has a sick daughter that might need surgery next week.  She is the sweetest and most wonderful 10 year old and I hate what this is doing to her.  She is so brave and strong.  I wish I could do something to help.  Anything.  But sadly, there is little anyone can do but hope and pray.  The only thing I can do that will hopefully help someday is to continue donating to the Montreal Children's Hospital  where she is getting such wonderful care.

I guess situations like this makes a lot of other things seem so trivial and just plain idiotic.  I keep reading or hearing people complain about things that simply don't matter.  But I guess these people can sometimes be too involved in what's going on around them to even notice that other people are having a hard time.  I can hopefully catch myself before complaining about the boys having a cold or the fact that they are not sleeping as well as usual these days.  In the grand scheme of things, I would take that over what a lot of other people are facing right now.

My heart goes out to everyone that is struggling.  I am well aware that there are different levels of struggle... so for whomever needs my thoughts and prayers, I am sending them along.  And if there is ever anything I can do to help out, I will...

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You are a very sweet, good hearted woman. Your cousin is lucky to have your support as a family member and a friend. I will pray for her daughter and their family.

Lisa said...

Lauren, that is so sweet! I know my cousin will take any and all of the prayers she can get. You are a very caring woman as well. Your girls are very lucky to have such a great Mom that is such a great example.

Colton's Mommy said...

I have to catch myself doing the same thing. Yes Colton has some minor issues, but they are nothing compared to some problems that some parents and their kids are facing. I sometimes take for granted my life and my happy, healthy son and I have to stop and put it in perspective sometimes.

Morgan Owens said...

I am probably guilty of a few things you mentioned..I tend to complain alot. I know sometimes I just need to stop and look at the big picture. Even though I complain, I am still so thankful for my life and thank God for my blessings everyday ♥

Lisa said...

Morgan, I think we all tend to be guilty of it sometimes. But the important thing to remember is just how lucky we really are to have such beautiful and healthy children. I think too many people take that, in particular, for granted.

By the way, you never even crossed my mind when I wrote that post. So, you mustn't complain about too much, at least not in blogland...