Saturday, April 10, 2010

Big Milestones...

My boys are definitely growing up... there is no doubt about it.  I have been in some form of denial for a while but as their second birthday approaches, I cannot keep my head in the sand much longer.

They have both been talking more and more.  New words are learned every day and some of the old words are now unmistakable to outsiders.  They are also stringing more than one word together.  When Nicolas woke up from his nap today, he asked for some "apple juice".  I knew that he could say both words very clearly, but now he knows that when put together, they take on a whole new meaning.  Zachary's face lit up when Nicolas said that and he responded with, "ya, apple juice!"

Both boys have also learned the word "my".  They use it when they want to do something for themselves or if they are trying to say "mine".  The latest use of the word "my" is when they want to go downstairs.  If I extend my hand out to help them, they very clearly say "my" and make their way down the stairs on their own.  They are obviously holding on to a railing but it is still real scary!  Thankfully so far they have both been very careful and slow when walking down the stairs.

That's all the really big news in our neck of the woods.... my boys are no longer babies!

No comments: