Monday, July 26, 2010

So sweet!

The boys and I have befriended a few people at the grocery store near our house (a Loblaws).  The lady that usually works at the self serve check-out is named Selina and she lets the boys push the buttons and write with the little pen on her palm pilot.  The boys think it's pretty cool and always looks to see if she is there as we are making out way to the cash.  She is so sweet and always takes the time to acknowledge us even if she is really busy.

Zachary and Nicolas love going shopping at the grocery store and are always asking whether or not our other "friend" is there.  Our other friend is the butcher who's name I did not know until last Friday when I finally asked him.  The boys always strain their necks to see if he's there as we approach his counter.  He always comes over to talk to the boys and to shake their hands.  He just recently got back from a week's vacation with his wife down in Mexico.  We had not seen him for a while due to this vacation and my explanation to the boys was that he was visiting the ocean.  Much to their delight we finally got a chance to see him on Friday.  He talked to us for a few minutes and then told the boys he had something special for them.  He disappeared and came back with two wrapped packages.  The boys opened them to find two t-shirts from the Maya Riviera where he had vacationed.  He said that he wanted to pick something up for his buddies!

I was so floored I almost couldn't even mouth the words "thank you".  I could not believe that he had not only thought of my boys while he was away but also took the time to bring something back for them.  I knew he was a sweet and kind man, but to do something like that is just beyond nice.  The boys and I are working on a thank you picture to bring to him the next time we are there.  The boys would not put their t-shirts down during our entire visit to Loblaws.  I was hanging some laundry out on the line today (including the shirts) and when I asked who gave it to them, they both happily exclaimed, "Our friend!".

I still can't get over the generosity...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is incredibly nice and sweet. It's good to know there are still kind people in this crazy world!

When I was little I used to get mad when there was no mail for me so our mailman started writing me letters and puttin them in the mailbox for me. It meant so much to me as a child that I will always remember it!