Friday, September 24, 2010

Made with lot of love a long time ago...

My Nanny made me a quilt when I was just a little baby.  Obviously it is something I held on to and cherished but have not had much use for it since then.  She also had the foresight prior to her death to make one for all of her grandchildren's first child.  I have been holding on to that quilt since it was given to me and have waited for the day to be able to pass it on to my first born.  I never expected that she would also give me the gift of twins, and since she did give me that wonderful gift, I will be passing along my quilt at the same time as the other one.

Zachary being my first born, gets the quilt that my grandmother intended for that child.  It is blue which is one of his favorite colors.  Nicolas gets to inherit my quilt which is green... a color that he is drawn to and loves.  It could not have worked better if we had a crystal ball all those years ago and could look into the future.  I have taken a few pictures of the boys' beds with the new quilts.  Hopefully when they sleep they will have beautiful and peaceful dreams while being kept warm with these quilts.  They were made from very loving hands by someone who loved them long before they were born.  My Nanny would have been so proud and happy with her great grandsons.  I wish she were here to see their excitement when I have them their new "blankies"...

Zachary's bed:

Nicolas' bed:

Zachary with his quilt:

I will post this picture once I can get a good one...

Nicolas with his quilt:

Zachary sleeping in the middle of the night:
Nicolas sound asleep in the middle of the night:

No comments: