Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beef

Well, today was the day to start introducing meat. So, for no particular reason, I decided to start with beef. I started by feeding it to the boys straight up. I don't think they were too crazy about the taste but they ate it. I had a side dish of sweet potatoes and carrots to go with it and eventually I just mixed the beef in with it. That, they enjoyed.

I went out and bought some meat from La Mère Poule - a local company that makes all organic food. The food is packages in small quantities and comes frozen. I had some gift certificates from them so it essentially cost me nothing. The gift certificates were given as part of a gift package for a Baby Shower hosted by Q92 that I was invited to when I was pregnant with the boys. At the shower, they had a game in which some mommies-to-be had to be blindfolded and guess the foods they were given. So, I tried a few of the foods and they were excellent! So I figured I would try it out on the boys and see how much they like it.

Anyhow, here are the pictures from the beef experience. As you can see, the pictures are not of the first taste. I always take a little video to capture their first real taste of a food. So, this was their third spoonful.

Zachary:



Nicolas: