Monday, December 1, 2008

Swimming

Brenda and I took the boys to the pool yesterday for their very first swim. She is looking for an activity that will help make her feel good during this pregnancy. Since she knew that I could not take the boys swimming alone, she thought she could be my extra pair of arms and it would allow her to relax and get off her bones.

I wasn't sure how the boys would react. They love their bath but it is also a confined, quiet and warm space as compared to a public pool during family swim time. But, much to my surprise they lasted for 15 minutes without a single tear or fuss. We actually took them out before melt down occurred because it was starting to get close to nap time. Zachary looked like he was going to fall asleep in Auntie B's arms at the end so we figured it was time to go. Nicolas was quite content and he even let me put him at arm's length while we were playing around.

Next time we go, I will make sure to get there a little bit earlier. It took us almost 30 minutes to get all four of us ready for the swim. I had not really factored that time into our schedule for the day.

On a side note, we used the Huggies Little Swimmers and they worked wonderfully! What a great product! I plan to make sure I have some on hand this summer for all of our outing to pools...

Sadly, I do not have pictures to go along with this post.

No comments: