Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grilled Cheese

We tried grilled cheese for the first time on January 17th but in the excitement, I forgot to snap some pictures. So, I decided to do so today. The boys loved the grilled cheese especially when it came off of Daddy's plate. I think they loved the fact that they were eating the same thing he was. Personally, I think Daddy liked the fact that his boys already want to be just like him! I couldn't ask for anything more than for my little men to turn out to be as wonderful as their father...

Here are some cute pictures I took during lunch:

Zachary:





Nicolas:


3 comments:

seussgirl said...

Can I ask what you used to make your grilled cheese? We're trying to move up on the "table food" list, but it's been slow going, not really knowing what they'll be able to handle. So I'm always interested to know what other moms are doing!

Lisa said...

I just use whole wheat bread, Kraft singles and a little bit of margarine. So far I have found that the boys do great with anything that is dry. they have not like the pasta or fruit. I don't think they like the way it feels on their fingers. They also love my homemade muffins...

seussgirl said...

Thanks! I may have to put that on the grocery list this week. :) We've tried jarred pasta, but I haven't made any for them yet. We've done toast, crackers, cheerios, mangoes, bananas, turkey, broccoli, and squash as "finger" foods so far, I think. We have good days and bad days. :)