Steve and I talked about what we were going to do about the boys sleeping issue. They had been doing so well and then the teething pain started again. At least this time I know it's because of their teeth since Nicolas already has one that has broken through the gums. I am almost certain that Zachary is not far behind since his gums look just like Nicolas' before we could feel the tooth.
I have been a little less strict with the nighttime wakings since I knew they were not feeling great. However, the boys have been taking advantage of the situation and it has to stop. So, we decided that baby boot camp was going to start again.
I am not trying to get rid of their only feeding in the night, since they seem to still need it. I tried for three nights to give them formula instead of nursing them to see if it may have just been me they wanted. But they didn't care at all. So, I am taking it as a sign that they are actually hungry and still need that feed. What I am trying to get rid of is the waking 2-3 other times and simply wanting to get picked up and cuddled. Or, in Zachary's case, to be played with.
I did not need to do anything last night. Nicolas slept from the moment he was put down until his feed and then again until he woke up this morning. I did not hear him at all in between. Zachary slept from the time he went to bed until his feed. He woke up once because he lost his pacifier but once he had it back he went right back to sleep. He stirred at some point before morning but I did not need to get up. He fell back to sleep on his own. So, if they can continue down this road (with a little bit of improvement from Zachary) I will be a happy mommy.
The boys are so good at falling asleep on their own that they now play in their cribs before they fall asleep during the day. The following pictures are of Nicolas in his crib. I put him down with his head facing the left side of the picture (by the shoes of the bear in the corner of his crib). As you can see, he turned a little more than 90 degrees and has his head under the aquarium. He had obviously been playing with it before falling asleep.


No comments:
Post a Comment