Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pacifiers

I decided that it might be time to start weaning the boys off of their pacifiers. Not at night just during the day while they are busy doing other things. I found that they were simply suing them because they were there. I have absolutely nothing against pacifiers, obviously. But I decided it was worth a shot.

I now keep them in their cribs and that's where they stay. This means that they only use them during nap time and at night. So far it has been a success. I bring them with me when we go out, just in case. But I don't give it to them automatically anymore.

The best thing about this is that now when they are playing and I want to snap some pictures, I can do so without having pacifiers masking their cute faces and smiles!

1 comment:

seussgirl said...

Good luck with the pacifiers! I'm glad it's going well so far. That was one of my "lucky" incidents in that our boys gave them up on their own around 4 months. Sometimes I still wished they had something that would serve as a "comfort" zone, but I was glad I didn't have to break them of the habit! And only one of them sucks his thumb, and he only does it when holding a cloth diaper, so fingers crossed we won't have to break that habit either!