Well, his fever spiked and I went to have his prescription for the antibiotics filled. Since they need to be taken every 8 hours, I was only able to conveniently give him the first dose around midnight. After his second dose, which came at around 8:00am, he seemed to be doing much better. His fever was down to just over 99 degrees. The morning was pretty typical. The boys were playing happily and went down easily for their morning nap.
The boys had lunch after their morning nap and that's when it started to go downhill again. Nicolas started to act up towards the end of he meal and all it took was to touch him to know that his fever spiked again. I took it shortly after we finished lunch and it was 103.4 degrees. The poor little guy is struggling with this ear infection. I hope that the antibiotics start to kick in and do their job soon. I just hate seeing him so miserable.
The only cute thing that came out of all this is the way Zachary has been acting towards Nicolas. He is truly concerned (which almost makes me more concerned) and is being so kind and gentle with him. They were having a snack this afternoon and Nicolas was not interested at all. So Zachary offered him his cookie. He actually leaned over and tried putting it in his mouth!
I had both of my little men on my lap this afternoon and Zachary kept licking Nicolas' head (I think it was meant to be a kiss) and stroking it. He was obviously try to comfort him. It was so sweet...
Zachary is doing well. Thankfully no fever to report. He is getting a little bit jealous of the attention I am giving Nicolas. But as long as he gets picked up every now and then, he's fine.
Here are some pictures from today:
This one is of Zachary playing peek-a-book with Nicolas and I through his crib. This was taken just after his morning nap.
Nicolas is also playing peek-a-boo with Mommy. This was prior to the crash...




No comments:
Post a Comment