Well, tomorrow will be our first night away from the boys. We are going up to my best friend's cottage to spend the weekend with them. We are really looking forward to it, but I am also having the Mommy leaving her boys for the first time overnight jitters.
I think I need to clarify why I have the jitters. First of all, it has absolutely nothing to do with leaving them with my parents. The boys adore their Nana and Papa and I am sure they will have a blast! Obviously, I am here... alive and well so I know they can handle it. The other great thing about them is that they are a good team. My Dad loves doing things with the boys (including helping to feed them) so I know my Mom won't have to do all the work. The only thing she will be solely responsible for is the diaper changes. But, now that they are older, there is less of it... granted when there are major diaper changes they are much stinkier!
What I am most worried about is that the boys won't sleep well and they will be really cranky. I just want them to be awesome and fun for my parents, the way they usually are with me. Both of my parents are so looking forward to this and I want it to be a happy and pleasant experience for them. I want them to want to do it again!
I guess I am also wondering what will go through the boys' minds. All of a sudden we are gone and won't be there when they wake up in the morning. This is a first for them as well. But at least they are with their grandparents... two of four people who love them just a little less than Steve and I do...
There is a first for everything and I am sure it will go well. I plan to try not to think about them too much because I know they will be awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you! And anxious to hear how it goes. :) We're hoping to do the same thing some time this summer before #3 arrives, and we'd also leave the boys with their grandparents. I hope you have a great time!
We got away for the day last weekend but not overnight yet. And goodluck trying not to think about them, I said the same thing!! :) Enjoy yourself and have fun, you deserve it!
Post a Comment