Friday, July 10, 2009

Sleep issues... and cuteness...

Well, Zachary has been waking up a lot lately due to the new teeth. Last night it was Nicolas' turn. I am not sure what caused the sudden outburst but it got bad. He sounded terrified! So, I went in to let him know that everything was ok only to find Zachary awake as well. They were both hysterical so Steve came in to give me a hand. They finally settled down but decided they didn't want to sleep. So, I left the room.

They went crazy after I left. They were both crying very hard and then we heard a big bang. I jumped out of bed and into their room to find Zachary on the floor. He somehow managed to get over the side of the crib! This is the first time this has ever happened and he has never even come close to trying to get out before. I think he was trying to reach his extra pacifier that had fallen on the floor. Thankfully he was fine. But after that, I got a pillow and blanket and decided to camp out on the floor in their room until they fell asleep. Needless to say it was not a great night.

But thankfully for the boys they are adorable. Here are a few pictures I took of them yesterday...

Here they are watching Daddy arrive home from work:


Zachary and Nicolas playing with their cars in the window sill:

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor mommy.....and poor little guys. I hope the new teeth don't give you too many problems. I hope Zachary is ok after his escape.

Anonymous said...

zachary could be having night terrors. They're like nightmares but to children they seem real so they're actually terrified. It could happen only once or several times a week. Jacob had them pretty bad. He just woke up at night and screamed like someone was hurting him. It was very difficult to comfort him.

Lisa said...

Thanks Karine! I have been thinking the same thing. But thankfully it doesn't happen too often. Is there anything you did to stop the night terrors from happening?