Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There's truly no place like home...


We decided to make the trip to my in-laws yesterday since we were all feeling better.  The boys were in great spirits despite the colds and I knew my mother-in-law really wanted us there.  So, we packed up early Sunday morning and headed down.  The drive there wasn't fantastic since the boys just didn't want to be stuck in the car seats.  But we made it there with minimal tears.

We had a great meal with Steve's parents as well as his sister, her husband and three of our beautiful and wonderful nieces!  They were so great with the boys and entertained them so much that they went down for their nap almost an hour late and the boys did not want to sleep because they did not want to miss out.  I do not know how long they slept, but they almost made it to their normal bed time. Sadly, I was too busy enjoying watching them play that I forgot to snap some pictures of the boys with the girls...

Sadly, the boys do not sleep well when they are not in their own beds and at home.  It is our reality right now and I have to accept it.  However, it makes overnight visits really hard and both mine and Steve's parents are just a little too far for a one day visit.  So, for the time being, these trips will have to be limited... for my own sanity.  Zachary was awake for over two hours in the middle of the night and Nicolas was awake and ready to start the day at 5:30 this morning...

The only good thing is that they were so tired this morning on our way home that they both slept, just long enough that it allowed us to drive straight home without stopping.  And not too long that they didn't take a good nap this afternoon.  Steve and I both took a nap this afternoon too.

Here are some pictures taken from the front window at Grandma and Garndpa's:



Zachary and Nicolas (excuse Nicolas' runny nose!):

1 comment:

Morgan Owens said...

They look soo cute Lisa! I see them growing right before my eyes in every picture you post of them! Sooo adorable!