Potty training has not officially started in our house but I am thinking about trying soon. The boys are very aware of the big boy toilet and seem to have a pretty clear idea of what's going on. The only thing now is for them to know when they need to go and not after they've already gone.
Nicolas has been a little constipated and he has gone 2 whole days without pooping. When we finally got home yesterday, I realized he was trying real hard to poop. So, I decided that since I know he is trying to go, why not let him go on the potty. So, that's exactly what I did. I brought him into the bathroom and he pooped for the first time in the toilet! It was hard to tell if he was freaked out because of the toilet or the huge poop that finally came out of him. But he did it! He even brought Daddy into the bathroom to show him! It was really cute.
For the rest of the afternoon, Zachary would point to his bum and then lead us to the bathroom. He did not want to go, nor did he need to. But I guess it's a start. I am anxious to see if this will help move things along. There is a first time for everything and Nicolas had his first today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Woohoo!
Aww that's so cute! Such big boys! :)
Seems so soon, doesn't it? Our boys have started pointing to the bathroom and saying "pee?" so we try to let them, but it hasn't happened yet. But interest is the first step, right? Good luck!
That's awesome Lisa!!! We are actually going to start with the girls soon. I hope it goes well. Let me know what ends up working for you
are they 2 yet? i remember Jacob peed in the potty at 18 months so we thought it would be a breeze b/c he seemed so interested but alas, it was not meant to be! at 2, he became completely freaked out about it and it took until age 3 for him to actually pee on the potty (without peeing his pants) and 3.5 for # 2. Phil is much better and is pretty much potty training himself and is only 28 months old! LOL. But before the age of 2 I really don't think they are ABLE to know when they have to go. However, if they are interested in the potty and toilet just keep doing what you are doing and they will show more interest and finally will tell you they have to pee when they actually have to pee :) It's great fun!!!! This time around, Jacob helps Phil on the potty so it's WAY easier for us :) ha ha Good luck to you!
Post a Comment