We've been having some issues with Zachary and his potty training. He hasn't been having big pee accidents but he constantly seems to start peeing in his underwear prior to getting to the potty. It's normally not much, but enough to make his underwear wet and needing to be changed. This has been happening a couple of times per day. I think the problem is that he just waits too long to go pee and it starts to come out. He can stop it and then he runs to the bathroom to finish. Last night he even wet the bed. He has been night time trained almost since he's been daytime trained. I really don't want to go backwards and start putting him in a pull up at night. But I also don't want to be changing sheets in the middle of the night either. What to do...???
Since it's only been once, I plan on waiting to see if it happens again before taking any action. I have talked to Zachary about it. Hopefully he will figure out why he's doing this and we can go back to a perfectly potty trained Zachary.
Only time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My nephew seems to be having the same issue. I did hear that they sometimes regress now and then. I know that is not helpful however. Is he just too busy playing when it happens? Maybe you could try asking him to go potty every hour or so.
As far as nighttime, Colton still isn't nighttime "trained". When I first starting potty training and even before that, he would wake up dry. Now every morning he is waking up wet. So he is still in pull-up at night. I have told him that he could get up and go potty at night if he needs to (he has a bathroom attached to his room, but so far he still has not gotten out of bed to go do so.
Good luck--maybe just give him a little time. His little body may just be adjusting to growing or changing.
We're going through the same thing with J right now. He has had more "accidents" in the last week than since we started training. He usually says he was busy, or he couldn't hold it, so I think his mind is just so filled with new things right now that bodily functions have gotten bumped out of the way. At least that's what I'm telling myself. :)
Post a Comment