Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleep regression...

Well, it seems like my boys have regressed back to not sleeping through the night. I keep hearing that this can occur around the 4 month mark. It looks like we are there!

They are both waking up around 2:00-3:00 am for a feed and then returning back to sleep. thankfully they are going back to sleep. However, since there are two of them, my nights are not very long and are broken up into 2 hour blocks. It is frustrating since I know that they can make it through the night. Maybe it's a growth spurt? How long can a growth spurt truly last? If it is the 4 month sleep regression, when do they go back to sleeping through the night?

These are all questions I desperately want answers to, but I know that all I can do is wait it out. There are no real answers since what happened with one child will not necessarily happen to all of them. I was just so spoiled with the long nights that now I am finding the nights much more difficult. It's a good thing these boys are so cute and wonderful!

1 comment:

seussgirl said...

Oh, I feel your pain! We just went through that, and are slowly working our way out of it. We had to start refusing to feed them in the middle of the night (at least long enough to ensure they weren't actually hungry, just waking up out of habit); now they go to bed at 8, and wake up between 5 and 6, get 4 oz, and go back to bed till our 8 a.m. feeding. They're still waking up in the middle of the night (somewhere between 12-2), but we get them back to sleep without feeding. I am also longing for full nights of sleep again!