Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Migraine and two teething babies... a bad combination!

I had a nagging headache all day yesterday and by the time I went to bed, it was still there. So I took and extra strength Tylenol and went to bed. By the time the boys woke me for their night feed (around 1:00), I knew that I was in trouble. Not only was the headache still there, it had grown exponentially and I knew it was a migraine. So, I tried taking two more Tylenol and hoped that it would go away.

On top of that, the boys had a horrible night. Their teeth are really starting to bother them and it is waking them in the night. I tried comforting them and trying to get the back to sleep but nothing seemed to comfort them for long. I was up with someone at least once an hour. During this time, the migraine grew and I started feeling nauseous and dizzy. Thankfully Steve offered to take over and get Zachary back to sleep in the pack-n-play in the basement. That way I wouldn't have to hear him cry. Nicolas was really only waking because of Zach's crying, so once his brother was out of the room, he drifted off to sleep.

I would not have made it to morning had it not been for Steve. I felt so bad that he had to be up with Zachary. He went in to work this morning with a smile on his face and he never complained once. He is such a good father and a wonderful husband. I am truly a very lucky women. He even called mid-morning to make sure that I didn't need his help at home.

1 comment:

seussgirl said...

Ack, that's really tough! I'm glad you have such a helpful husband, to make it better where he can!