Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Boot Camp begins.... again!

Well, the boys had been doing so great at night. And then Zach's two front teeth came in and he started waking more and more at night. Well, his teeth are both through and there is no real reason for waking up other than it has now become a habit. So, last night I had enough and I decided that baby boot camp starts tonight... again!

The main reason for this decision is simple. They are more than capable of sleeping through the night and my entering their room to try to comfort them seems to be making it worse. The boys were up for over 2 hours last night and I cannot have many more nights like that. So, I will not go into their room when they wake tonight. I know the crying will go on for a little while, but once they realize I'm not coming, they will fall back to sleep. By tomorrow or Saturday, there will be minimal waking and we will be back on track.

This part is the most difficult on me, but it needs to be done...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I need to be strong like you. I may start our own little baby boot camp tonight. The girls are getting better but still waking at least 2 times a night :(

Lisa said...

Lauren, it's definitely very hard. Sometimes Steve needs to hold me back to make sure I stay in bed. But it only takes us one or two nights and then it's over. I just keep reminding myself of what's to gain... a full night's sleep! They will still give you the biggest smile in the morning and you won't feel so bad. Good luck!