I decided it was best to take the time to go see the pediatrician again this morning. I was beginning to worry that it might be more serious than simply pink eye. We validated my concerns and told me to have the prescription filled. He also told me to be on the lookout for a really red and very swollen eye. Apparently that is an indication of a much more serious infection that would require hospitalization. Generally if someone gets "orbital cellulitis" it only occurs in one eye, not both. He informed me that it is rare, but to call him immediately if I was concerned. He gave me his home phone number and told me to call him if things got worse and I was worried. How great of a doctor is that?!!?!
Anyhow, I got the prescription filled and Nicolas got the first dose of the ointment in his eye before nap time. He was such a trooper about it. He didn't even cry! I am so proud of my big boy that still looks like he's been beaten up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment