Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pink eye...

Well, we are battling pink eye at the moment. Nicolas has it and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Zachary gets it as well. Nicolas is still in a great mood and it has yet to affect his eating or sleeping. The only bad thing is that when he wakes up, his eye is full of gunk and usually glued shut. It is hard to get it all off since his eye seems tender and sensitive to the touch. But, he is being a big boy about it.

We went to see their pediatrician this morning about it and all we can do now is wait it out. Approximately 90% of pink eye is caused by a viral infection, so antibiotics will not help. If in 5 days it is not better or gets worse, I have a prescription to have filled. Nicolas' left eye (the first eye to be affected) already seems better than it was yesterday. But his right eye is now much worse. Hopefully the majority of the gunk came out this morning...


All in all we are doing well. I just feel so sorry for the little guy since his eyes look so terrible. And usually whenever anyone looks into Nicolas' eyes, they shine and are so full of life. Hopefully it won't be much longer before the twinkle is back...

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Yikes, sorry to hear that!

Morgan Owens said...

Yes I knew you lived in Canada but there is several different people...for some reason I forgot Quebec was part of Canada..I thought it was like somewhere really far LOL! :/