Saturday, May 2, 2009

Zachary and Nicolas turn 1!!

Well, my babies are officially one year old today. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by and I am unsure I know where it has gone.

We had a wonderful day with them. We had an immediate family birthday party for them. Only one of their uncles couldn't make but all of their cousins were here. We were 14 adults and 11 kids (under the age of 7). It was wonderful to have everyone here to share in the celebration. The boys were spoiled (big surprise). They received lots of fun gifts.

They were very tired and ready for their nap when we tried to give them their birthday cake. So, needless to say round one was not a success. However, we tried again at dinner time and they had a blast. Their bath was very necessary tonight... and the fun things is that they got some new cool bath toys to test out!

I am so proud of my little men! They are such wonderful boys and we are so lucky to have them in our lives. I don't remember what life was like before them, nor do I ever want to find out. Honestly, I would have a lot more children if I was guaranteed that they would be just as wonderful...

I leave you with a few pictures from our very eventful day...

Zachary (a year ago):


Zachary during breakfast this morning:


Nicolas (a year ago):


Nicolas during breakfast this morning:


All of the cousins:


Zachary is a little bit messy!


Nicolas a little bit messy:


Zachary and his birthday cake:


Nicolas and his birthday cake:

3 comments:

seussgirl said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday, boys! Here's to another great year!

iiri said...

Missed the "official" day but still wanted to say Happy Birthday Boys! Your Mommy loves you guys so much and you have brought SO much into her life!

Be good and start walking and talking!

(Great job Lisa, they are beautiful!)

nancy said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so sorry I missed it.

And I love love love how you wrote next to their newborn pictures (one year ago) like we'd somehow think they reverted back to newborns on their birthday. heh. It made me smile.

Congrats on surviving the first year with twins. It'll be easier now and just like having two kids close together, or so I'm told. Now I can actually relate!