We went out to Mike's for pizza tonight. Fridays are called "Take Out Friday" in our house but tonight we decided to eat out instead. The boys enjoy eating there and since it is a family style restaurant, we don't need too worry too much about the boys being overly quiet.
They always do really well there (we usually go there for breakfast on the weekends) and tonight was no exception. They were very well behaved and ate like champs. Just before we were about to leave a stranger walked up to me and told me how well behaved the boys were. She was apparently sitting at a table next to another kid and she said that our boys were far better behaved.
Although I do not need strangers telling me how good my boys are, it is still quite nice to see that some people appreciate the hard work we are putting in. My boys are really good and I couldn't be more proud of them especially on a day like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That must have been our family she was sitting by! lol :) Please let me know your secret..I swore I'd never have "that" kid..but he is :/
I am sure you think it's actually worse than it is. We usually see more fault in our kids, especially out in public, than others do.
The only tricks I have found to be useful is to only take the to places that are somewhat "kid friendly". They usually can bring a toy with them to play with while they eat. I try and get their food as quickly as possible. We have also left a restaurant and store before due to their bad behavior so they know we mean business if they are acting up. I refuse to take them out, even if it was previously planned, if they are not in a very cooperative mood.
Honestly, I think the only thing you can truly do is keep practicing with them. It seems to be the best way for them to learn appropriate behavior. Keep in mind that my boys are also older than Mason and I am sure that plays a big part...
Post a Comment