I have been missing in action mostly due to all of the sickness that has gone through our household lately. Just after we got back from our trip to the Great Escape Lodge, Charlie got the flu. He was such a trooper for such a little guy. Thankfully it went away fairly quickly.
Last Sunday I started with pink eye. I had no other symptoms and since I know that 90% of pink eye is viral I decided to wait it out. Well on Wednesday I started with a horrible fever and headache. And I couldn't seem to shake it. I went to my optometrist on Wednesday night and he gave me a prescription for some antibiotic drops for my eye. He said that it should be getting much better in 2 days. Well, Friday afternoon came around and nothing was better... my pink eye was still there, the fever wasn't leaving and now my ears and throat were starting to hurt. So, I called Mom-I and Pop-I and they came over to watch the boys for me. I headed over to the walk-in clinic...
The doctor said the pink eye was in fact viral and there was nothing to do but wait. He told me to stop the drops. He checked my ears, throat and lungs. He said that all seemed normal but that the fever was concerning him. He thought that something was hiding in the wings and figured it was best to treat it and not wait. He didn't want to give antibiotics without a good reason but he believed that they were probably necessary for something....he just didn't know what. He thought I may have been starting pneumonia. After two days of the antibiotics and a full day's rest on Saturday, my fever finally went away! So, obviously the antibiotics were fighting something.
I was lucky enough to have Steve, Mom-I and Pop-I take the kids basically all day on Saturday so that I could get some rest. It was so weird having the house all to myself and not feel guilty about not using the time to clean it. I got lots of rest but missed my family terribly. I was so happy to have them home at dinner time. And so lucky to have such an amazing support system.
Well, on Saturday afternoon Zachary started with the fever. It has been raging at 103 F since. I took him to the clinic yesterday figuring they would find something but they didn't. They told me to wait a few more days. So, I take him to see a doctor at his pediatrician's office tomorrow. Sadly, his pediatrician was completely booked and does not work on Wednesdays. I am not willing to wait until Thursday, so I am seeing someone else. Let's just hope that Steve, Nicolas and Charlie manage to stay healthy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope Zachary starts on the mend soon. Thankfully Colton has been relatively healthy. I don't he has ever had a high fever. I know around here the weather is crazy so it is sending everyone's system into overdrive. It hasn't been cold enough to kill all the germs and we have LOADS of pollen already.
Being sick is such a drag, hope everyone who had it feels better and those that didn't don't get it!
Post a Comment