Friday, May 29, 2009

Pink Eye Update

Well, I wish I could say that the pink eye is gone but sadly it is not. Actually it is much worse than it has been. Nicolas was not feeling well yesterday and was exhausted when we put him to bed for the night. So much so that he didn't even wake up once... not even for his bottle.

He woke up crying this morning and so I went in quickly because I thought his eyes might be glued shut due to all the gunk. Boy was I in for a surprise! There was very little gunk but his eyes are so swollen that he can barely open them!

I am not sure what to do. Their pediatrician said that if it's not better (or if it's worse) in 5 days to fill the prescription he gave me for the antibiotic ointment. So, theoretically, I should wait until tomorrow. But, I don't think I can let this continue any longer. He looks so miserable (even though his spirits seem fine) and I can't stand seeing him like this. I have decided to fill the prescription and hope that it gets rid of this. I may also try to get some saline solution to help flush it out...

Frontal view- his eyes are completely open in this picture!


Side view of the right eye...


Doesn't he look terrible??? I feel so badly but there is very little I can do to help...

2 comments:

seussgirl said...

I feel so bad for them! My boys have had a bad cough lately that makes me want to help them, but there's nothing we can do; isn't that a sad feeling?
I hope they feel better soon!

Lauren said...

The poor little guy. It is so heartbreaking when our kids are sick and there is nothing we can do to fix it. I sure hope the pink eye is gone and he feels better soon. What a heartbreaking pic :(