Tuesday, June 7, 2011

House of sick

Well, our house is filled with sick kids and parents at the moment.  The boys started out sneezing and with runny noses a few days ago.  It has moved into their throats and now they are coughing up a storm.  Zachary was without a voice yesterday but thankfully no fever.  Nicolas had a low grade fever and threw up quite a bit of mucus.  He even took a nap yesterday afternoon, which is unheard of.

Neither of them slept particularly well last night.  Which in turn meant that I did not really sleep either.  I think it was 5:00 before I got longer than 30 minutes in a row!  So, today is going to be another lazy day, I think.  The boys seem to be a bit better.  Zachary's voice is returning slowly and Nicolas' mood is much better.

I just hope that we can all kick this prior to Blueberry's arrival.  I really do not want to be feeling sick while in labor.  It will also put a damper on bringing him home if the boys are still sick.  The last thing I want to do is keep the boys away from him but I also don't want to have a sick newborn on my hands either.  I guess only time will tell.  I am just happy that Blueberry stayed put yesterday.  It would have been a horrible day for me to have to leave the boys.

I see my OB again tomorrow so hopefully we will have some news on when he might be making an appearance...

1 comment:

Morgan Owens said...

Aww that's a bummer! Poor boys, and poor mommy! :( Hope you guys do kick it before baby comes! It's getting so close, can't wait! :)