The boys are sick. They seem to have caught my cold. It all started on Wednesday night. They did not sleep very well (they were waking up a lot but not hungry). Then yesterday I noticed that their poor little noses were all stuffy. This obviously is causing them to have a hard time sleeping. I feel so badly since I am the one that gave them this cold...
I pulled out the humidifier and some Vicks and started it up for them before bed last night. The steam and Vicks combination seemed to help a little. Nicolas slept better and his nose wasn't quite as stuffy as it had been all day. Zachary on the other hand had a rough night. Anytime he would lay down, his nose would get all stuffed up and he couldn't breathe. So, I spent most of the night sitting up on the couch with him on my chest. This created some comfortable elevation for him and he could breathe. I knew he wasn't feeling well since he is generally not the cuddly one and that's all he wanted to do.
On a positive note, they both went over 6 hours between feeds. It was obvious that they were not hungry. All they wanted was for Mommy or Daddy to make them feel better. Let's just hope that they get over this cold quickly. I guess their first cold was bound to happen some time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment