Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Peas

Today the boys had their first taste of peas...

Zachary:


Nicolas:


Surprisingly it went over very well. Nicolas was a trooper, yet again. Zachary didn't seem too sure at first, but he ended up eating a fair amount. I think he enjoyed it much more than the carrots.

I am loving this type of feeding! It is so interesting to watch them discover new things. I am just looking forward to them eating a little bit better. Nicolas still hasn't quite figured out that he needs to open his mouth when the spoon is coming. Zachary gets a little too excited when the food is coming and he ends up with a lot of it coming out of his mouth rather than in it. But, that is the joys of starting the boys on solid foods.

Now I have a few days to decide which veggie is next...

2 comments:

seussgirl said...

I'm curious as to what order you did your veggies in? My boys did not dig the green beans when I introduced them, so I've been holding off on any more greens for a bit. I'm thinking of trying a "mixed veggies" next to see if they can't taste the greens as much.
You're right, though - it is fun to watch them try new foods!

Lisa said...

I am trying them in no particular order. All I had heard to start with veggies before fruits. So, I am starting with the usual suspects: carrots, peas and will more than likely try the beans and soem squash next. I am saving the sweet potatoes for last.