Friday, October 3, 2008

Yay for Nicolas!

Last night the boys were in bed around 8:30. They seem to be moving away from the 6:00 pm nap time and are exhausted by the time 8:00 rolls around. So, we have been starting bath time around 8:00 and the boys are generally in bed by 8:30.

Nicolas was up for a feed around 12:15 am or so. Zachary was up just shortly after 12:45 am (just long enough for me to get back into bed and be dozing off!). They both went back to sleep very easily after their feed. Around 3:00 Nicolas woke up but I knew that if I couldn't get him to stay asleep until at least 4:00, I would be starting my day before 6:00 am. So, I went and sat next to his crib and held his hands and rubbed his head until he fell back to sleep. This took about 5-10 minutes. Zachary woke up around 4:30 for another feed and Nicolas was still asleep! He did not wake up again until 6:45 this morning! He went 6.5 hours between feeds! He has not done that in a few weeks.

I am hoping that this trend continues. I would love to try and get the out of the habit of waking up for two feeds in the middle of the night. When they boys started sleeping through the night, it began much like this. I needed to go in and help them fall back to sleep and after a few days, then were no longer waking up and needing to be comforted. So, hopefully I will have a few nights of them needing me to help get them back to sleep and then they might sleep right through on their own... Here's to wishful thinking.

No comments: